Impress your family and friends with these yummy buttermilk biscuits. So easy to make and only takes minutes to prepare. I recommend using whole buttermilk along with butter and crisco shortening. Makes for a very moist soft biscuit.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- ¼ cup Crisco shortening
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheet with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Using a fork or pastry blender cut in butter, shortening until dough resemble small crumbs.
- Add buttermilk and stir.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough and roll out to ½ inch thickness. Cut out with 2 ½ inch biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.