These little lemon-zucchini muffins are delicious and great with a cup of coffee. Also a wonderful way to sneak veggies into your children’s diet. Full of lemon flavor topped with a light lemon syrup. You will love this recipe.
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- Lemon Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup zucchini, finely shredded
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, unsalted,melted
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Lemon Syrup:
- 3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray miniature muffin pan with non-stick spray….this recipes makes 48 muffins.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl, combine shredded zucchini, eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, and lemon extract. Stir until blended.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir only until blended.
- Using a teaspoon, drop batter into each muffin well.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until muffin is slightly golden brown.
- Place onto wire racks.
- In small bowl, stir together confectioner’s sugar and fresh lemon juice.
- Dip tops of warm muffin into syrup.