Just finished making these little cherry pie cookies. They look and taste like mini cherry pies. The recipe calls for 1 cup of butter but you can use 1/2 cup of butter along with 1/2 cup of margarine instead. Makes for a moister cookie. Looks great on a plate for Christmas sprinkled with powdered sugar. Enjoy.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix butter until fluffy. Add flour and ¾ cup of powdered sugar. Add vanilla. Beat just until combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls. Place on baking sheet. Press thumb into center of each cookie to form a well. Place cherry filling into each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Dust remaining powdered sugar over top of cool cookie.