Cheddar cheese muffins using one granny smith apple. This muffin is yummy good! Not too sweet….Surprise your family with this jewel of a muffin.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2⅓ all-purpose baking mix
- 1 ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup plain yellow cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet along with apple, onion and sugar. Cook for 6 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine baking mix, cheese, cornmeal and salt. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk eggs and milk; add to dry mixture. Stir until moistened. Stir apple mixture into batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling cups ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Gently run a knife around edges of muffins to remove.